Some Saints are named Patrons of certain causes, places, professions, special interests, or situations. This may be due to the lives they lived on Earth. Invoking the aid of certain Saints can be especially effective in specific circumstances.
For example, if you want to bless an animal, or request healing for your pet, you might call upon St. Francis of Assisi. If you want to surround your cat with protection, you may invoke St. Gertrude of Nivelles. When you are faced with a very difficult, almost impossible situation, you may request the aid of St. Jude. St. Michael, the Archangel, may always be petitioned, especially for total protection and loving safety. And St. Anthony of Padua may be requested to help find those lost objects.
Click on image to enlarge:
The 11" handpainted silk handkerchiefs may be used in these ways:
- Carried in a pocket, tote, or purse for inspiration. These are easily retrieved for prayer.
- Tie to purse, tote, or object for inspiration and protection. Ex: Tie St. Francis silk to dog kennel or St. Gertrude silk to cat carrier for protection and blessing of the animal inside.
- Frame and hang on wall, or use in tabletop frame.
- Send handkerchief as a spiritual gift in a greeting card. These are especially inspirational to someone who has an illness, disease, or who may be faced with a very challenging or difficult situation. It can also be a blessing in a Birthday, Thinking-of-You, or Sympathy card.
- Carry an "angel" in your pocket or purse any time to remember that you are always divinely protected. This includes professional and military uniforms and backpacks.
- Use on your personal home altar or in your meditation space.
- Handle during meditation or prayer time, especially when invoking the aid of the Saints. Ask them to pray for you in the same way that you might pray for others and ask others to pray for you.